Sunday, November 1, 2015

Imagine that you brush up against a magic lamp and out pops a genie. The genie says, "I am here to grant you 20 experiences of your choosing to be enjoyed in your lifetime." -Huffingpost article, "10 Ways to Discover Your Unique Gift." by Laura Berman Fortgang.

In my journey I discovered this article online and really enjoyed the different activities it said to do. This one I especially liked. In my list I include things that could really happen as well as fantasy. And here it is.....(not in any particular order)

1. Witness a miracle

2. Become debt free

3. Have a near death experience

4. Live a day as someone else, and I mean quite literally. Leave myself behind---any thoughts, unconscious prejudices, preconceived ideas, whatever that makes me me----and become another person from a different place and culture for a day....Then wake up the next day as myself and remember it all.

5. Obtain a job that I'm truly passionate about

6. Find real life-altering true love--this could be through the obvious first thought, a husband, or maybe what is right for me are good, honest, loving, close friendships---

7. Ride a beautiful horse bareback through a field of daisies at sunset (yes, I realize how corny this sounds)

8. Save a life

9. Visit as many countries as possible (all perhaps) which must include: All of Europe (esp. Ireland, Turkey, Greece, Italy, France, England, Poland), Africa, Adam's Peak in Sri Lanka, Nova Scotia, Egypt, Siberia, Prince Edward Island, South America....and so many other places

10. Help someone truly love themselves

11. Have a ghostly experience

12. Live alone in a beautiful place (maybe the mountains) for a month...no contact with another human

13. Go back in time and see the earth come into form

14. See fairies (yes, I believe they are real and I'm also aware how ridiculous that sounds)

15. Fly through the galaxies and visit another planet with life (I do think it's out there)

16. Get a Master's....in maybe History, Sociology....

17. Be present when my family members' leave this earth (even if I have already passed on)

18. Go back in time and meet Jesus before he began his ministry

19. Climb the highest tree in the world

20. Overcome a personal weakness

0 comments: